Good Ol' Cowboy Quotes
From far and wide we've gathered a bunch of wise quotes from some old cowboys.
The Great Will Rogers Quotes
- Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
- Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
- If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
- I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they now do.
- The best way out of a difficulty is through it.
- There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.
- What the country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds.
- Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
- An onion can make people cry but there's never been a vegetable that can make people laugh.
- If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
Random Cowboy Quotes
- Don't squat with your spurs on.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
- It don't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
- You live in hell? HA! I ride him everyday.
- Grass is for bulls, what do you ride?
- "A gun is a tool, Marion, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything.
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane
- Talk slowly, think quickly.
- Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.
- Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.