The Cowboy Hat
There's nothing more iconic from the old west then the cowboy hat. People
see the hat as a sign of strength, hard working, and of course, good times. The
cowboy hat has been around since the mid 1800's when a man by the name of
John B. Stetson introduced the masterpiece. Check out our
Stetson Cowboy Hat page for
more information on the legend.
5 Uses for a Cowboy Hat
- Keep out the sun.
- Keep off the rain.
- Looks great on those beautiful cowgirls.
- Make the girls go crazy for you.
- Put it on your face to block out annoying rugrats and get some shuteye.
Cowboy Hat Etiquette
Taken from the webster's dictionary.
Tip your hat when the following happens, if you're a real cowboy.
- When you are walking with your friend and he says hello
to a woman that he knows, but you do not.
- When a woman thanks you.
- After getting directions from a stranger, for sure
if the stranger is a woman.
- When you excuse yourself to a woman.
Probably already know when to take off your hat, but just in case you
- During the National Anthem.
- When you go into a building.
- When you are being introduced to someone, especially
if it is a woman.
- When you begin a conversation, not needed if you are just
saying "Hello" as you pass them.
- When attending a funeral.
Cowboy Hat Facts
- A good cowboy hat used to cost $15 a hundred years ago, nowadays
the same quality hat would be around $400+.
- Southern and Northern cowboys had different hats. When
Texans traveled north they found that their wide-brimmed hats didn't
stick on their head with all the wind. The northern hats
changed to be more narrow-brimmed and usually had a hatband of leather
that was tightened to keep the hat in place.
- The cowboy hat is a toned down version of the hats you
see in Mexico. Cowboy hats don't have any flashy designs or shiny
finishes, as cowboys got dirty and they didn't have much use
for fancy designs.
Crazy Cowboy Hats
Here's a couple picks of the craziest cowboy hat pics on the
net! If you have any other funny cowboy hat pictures send them to us!